There are two ways to create a job alert. The first is probably the easiest.
1. Create a Saved Search by running a normal search on myjobscotland and saving it
Perform any search on myjobscotland and on the results page, scroll to the bottom of the search box on the left side of the screen.
When you click on "Save this Search" you will be asked to log into your account, or if you are already logged in, you will be taken to your new alert where you can amend it or save it.
2. Create a Saved Search/Job Alert directly on the Saved Search page
Click on the "Create a Search or Alert" button.
Things to note:
- Please give your Search a name and make it meaningful and recognisable. This will be included in the title of any alert email that is sent to you.
- Select how regularly you would like to receive job alerts. If you select "Never" then you will not be emailed any job alerts but you can run the search whenever you visit myjobscotland. The search will simply act as a Saved Search.
- Please check the criteria of your search. Please note that with every criteria you add, fewer jobs will be returned in your list of results. If you run your saved search and there are no results then it is unlikely that you will receive any jobs in your job alerts.